This July we have another busy month at the Clockhouse! We have lots of new activities this month as the summer holidays have arrived meaning an opportunity to introduce some intergenerational activities! From tots to teens.
- Community Golf (Monday 2nd)
- Wednesday 4th’ Tots & Tambourines’ We have a group of mums and toddlers coming in to sing and play instruments with the members. In the afternoon We have been invited to see Rodborough schools dress rehearsal of “Sister Act”.
- Thursday 5th We will be celebrating 70 years of the NHS.
- Friday 6th All about July Quiz and Games. We will be talking about folk lore and traditions.
- Tuesday 10th July, we have invited members of St Johns church to join us for tea
- Wednesday 11th we will be marking ‘Cheer up the Lonely Day’ with an afternoon of singing
- Monday 16th/23rd July Clockhouse Mini Golf
- Wimbledon lunch Tuesday 17th – Please join us for a homecooked Roast and Toast. This monthly event is very popular and this a great chance to bring a friend. Come dressed in white and ready to celebrate all things Wimbledon! Pimm’s and strawberries included!
Tuesday 24th We will be celebrating Pioneering women focusing on Amelia Earhart and Women in the War.
- Clockhouse Football the world cup may be over, but we will be playing an armchair version of football with members and assisted by two local youth players.
- Friday 27th Show and Tell. We will be asking members to bring in items that are important to them then asking 3 questions and trying to guess the item.
- Monday 30th July’ International Day of the Tiger’ quiz games and a short documentary will be shown
Come and join us for a “Game Set Lunch” on Tuesday 17h We will be serving one of our famous Roasts cooked by David. Please book with Elvina or Lynn as spaces may be limited. We hold regular Games afternoons where you can join in Quoits, Boccia, “Clockhouse Chase, “Play Your Clockhouse Cards Right” and Chair Bingo a fun and gentle way to play along and exercise! We hold Films afternoons and regular live music.
This month we will be hosting Community Golf on Monday 2nd this is our last community golf session but but will be carrying on with our own ‘Clockhouse Mini Golf’ afternoons starting Monday 16th. We have live music from Brian Harris (Tuesday 17th) Vince Francetti (Wednesday 25th) Don & Den (Thursday 19thh) and Susie Draige (Wednesday 6th)
Remember to look out for our exciting new clubs after the success of our Monday morning Knit and Natter. We will be starting our new Tech & Tea mornings after our members requested help with technology e.g. touch screen devices and social media, Gardening club and Book club please pop in and see us for more details.
We are also building on “The Clockhouse Choir” We meet once a month on normally on a Wednesday Afternoon so come and join us! We welcome all abilities!
So please come along or suggest us to someone who may benefit from our services. We would be happy to show you what we have to offer. We welcome all over 50. Come and meet new people a warm and friendly environment.