This August at The Clockhouse promises lots of summer fun as we continue to offer our members new activities.
- Clockhouse Crazy Golf (Monday 6 13 20 and 27th) come along and enjoy some light-hearted golf after the success of our community golf.
- Wednesday 1st and Friday 3rd Southsea trip. We will be taking our members for a fish and chip lunch in Southsea
- Thursday 2nd All about August quiz. We will be looking at folklore and August traditions
- Friday 3rd Join us to celebrate “International Beer Day” with one of David’s Famous Pies and a Pint of Beer. We will also be having a Name that Beer Quiz with a prize of Local Ales. Why not Invite a friend to join you?
- Thursday 9th “Book Lovers day”. We will be remembering our favourite books and sharing readings and our favourite quotes about books. Join us for a very special book lovers inspired lunch.
- Thursday 16th “National Tell and Joke Day”. An afternoon of our favourite jokes and memories.
- Tuesday 21st August “Senior Citizens Day” A day of celebrating senior citizens here at the Clockhouse and all around the world.
- Wednesday 22nd “Mardi Gras.” Carnival time is coming to the Clockhouse! We will be decorating the dining room. Enjoying games and a homecooked roast and Carnival cake for dessert. Come along in fancy dress and there will be a prize for the best outfit. After lunch the Ukes will be entertaining us. Please book your place as we expect this to be a very popular event.
- Tuesday 28th Afternoon tea with the Trustees. This year we will be carrying on the tradition of the trustee kindly inviting our members to afternoon tea at their houses. Please ask to book your day.
- Wednesday 29TH The first Annual Clockhouse Duck Race. This is going to be a fun event and we would like you to invite family members. There will be a cake stall and a raffle and plenty of games and entertainment to offer fun for all.
- Thursday 30th Bring a Board Game Afternoon. We invite you to come along and play a selection of table games as requested by our members. We Will have Dominos, Monopoly, Scrabble and various card tables. Feel free to bring a game you enjoy playing.
- Friday 31st August Take your pick comes to the Clockhouse our version of the classic Des O’Conner Games! Don’t answer Yes or No!
Come and join us for Mardi Gras on Wednesday 22nd. We will be serving one of our famous Roasts cooked by David. Please book with Elvina or Lynn as spaces may be limited. We hold regular Games afternoons where you can join in Quoits, Boccia, “Clockhouse Chase, “Play Your Clockhouse Cards Right” and Chair Bingo a fun and gentle way to play along and exercise! We hold Films afternoons and regular live music.
Keith – Tuesday 7 August
Mary Gorniak plays the Flute Wednesday 8 August
Brian Archers talk on Burma Wednesday 15th
Brian Harris will be singing on Friday 17th.
The Ukes of the third age will be playing to us after our Mardi Gras Lunch
Vince Francetti sings on Thursday 23rd.
Remember to look out for our exciting new clubs after the success of our Monday morning Knit and Natter. We will be starting our new Tech & Tea mornings after our members requested help with technology e.g. touch screen devices and social media, Gardening club and Book club please pop in and see us for more details.
So please come along or suggest us to someone who may benefit from our services. We would be happy to show you what we have to offer. We welcome all over 50. Come and meet new people a warm and friendly environment.